In true new-to-motherhood fashion I’m late to posting Beckam’s one month recap because, well newborn life. But as a new mother you have to learn to give yourself grace so that’s what I’m doing!
We’ve seriously learned so much in these past few weeks. It has simultaneously felt like a lifetime and also flown by. I look back and think how did we ever do life without this tiny little human bringing us so much joy daily.
-Cuddling with mom and dad
-Playing on his LOVEVERY baby play mat
-Going for rides in the car
-Holding his head up without bobbing for longer stretches of time
-sleeping 4-5 hour stretches at night, praise!
-making eye contact and mimicking facial expressions
-cooing and grunting as he tries to communicate
-drinking 4-6 ounces a day
-has officially doubled in weight since we brought him home from the hospital, he is now 9 pounds!
10 NEWBORN ESSENTIALS:
After six weeks with out babe there are a few items that we use daily. I know when I was making my registry I did as much research as I could but ultimately it was advice from other moms that were the most helpful! All of these items have made our life easier and are 100% worth the money!
- Uppa Baby Stroller System (Easy to use, lightweight, and durable)
- Zen sleep sack (We use this for his naps and at night. The first night we used it we noticed an immediate difference.)
- Comoto Bottle (He took this immediately and can easily transition back and forth from this to breastfeeding daily.)
- LOVEVERY baby play mat
- HATCH sound and glow machine (awesome for middle of the night feedings, gives off light but not so bright it wakes baby and you can control it from your phone!)
- Angelhair Bath tub (simple and easy. fits perfectly in our farmer’s sink and he doesn’t slide around!)
- oogiebear infant nose and ear cleaner (great for getting out the boogies, especially since his nostrils are too small for the Frida Baby)
- Babysense Video Monitor (best affordable two way picture monitor)
- Copper Pearl Car Seat/ Nursing Cover (amazing for keeping the sun out of is eyes and from strangers breathing and touching him)
- Muslim Swaddles (we use these not only for swaddling but as a blanket, burp cloth, car seat cover, nursing cover and to lay down over a surface if we need to set him down)